- This event has passed.
Singapore National Abseiling Standards (SNAS) Level 1 (25 Sep)
Prerequisite: At least 13 years of age
1. The course is designed for people who have no prior knowledge on abseiling.
2. Participants will learn the basic skills to descend on ropes and have essential knowledge on the equipment required to abseil.
1. Introduction to Abseiling
– Why do people abseil?
– Environment – natural rocks, tower
2. Introduction of Abseil Equipment (usage, care, limitation)
– Static rope, Harness, carabiner, Descending device – (Fig.8), Helmet, Gloves
3. Rope handling
– Managing ropes
– Coiling, lapping & chaining
4. Descend Practice (with a belay line) using Fig of 8 descender
– Rig-in and remove from rope system
-Basic stance and brake hand
– Abseil command
– Descend with a fireman’s belay
– Self rescue – apply lock-on system with leg wrap
5. Safety Considerations
– Rope placement on descender (smiley face)
– Importance of controlled descend
– Appropriate attire, loose hair etc
6. Course Review
– Suggestions for further advancement
– General discussion & feedback
Wearing of helmet is compulsory when engaging in abseiling activities.
Trainees must demonstrate the following course requirements:
1. Correct harness usage
2. Correct rig-in to abseil system with a Fig 8 descender
3. Perform a controlled descend
4. Perform a self-rescue
5. Correct use of abseiling commands
– PayNow or PayLah to 96250587. Please whatsapp your name and payment reference number once you have done so. Feel free to text me at 96250587 for further enquiry!