This event is organized by Rockerfellas Adventure Pte Ltd
Registration No. : 201602890H
STB Travel Agents’ License No. 02861
THIS EVENT IS OPENED ONLY TO THOSE WHO HAVE AT LEAST A SPORT CLIMBING LEVEL 1 AND ABOVE
Singapore National Climbing Standards (SNCS Level 1)
So you’re certified and have been working hard perfecting your moves on artificial walls … but how will you fare on real rocks and raw heights ~ outdoors? This is the perfect trip to test your chops on pristine limestone in Malaysia’s Batu Caves crag!
Those with Level 2 equivalency, there’s a huge assortment of 20 – 30m routes to lead (some 5s, loads of 6a’s and b’s).
Those with Level 3 equivalency may try multi-pitch options, where 2 – 5 pitch routes will take you up 78 meters and beyond.
Top rope routes averaging 20 – 30 meters in height will be set up for those unable to lead climb.
Have friends or loved ones who don’t climb? Ditch them! We’re kidding! They’re most welcome to come hang out, enjoy amazing food and indulge in retail therapy. Be nice, so that they may help take photos and videos of you in action.
*Day One @ Batu Caves*
Gua Damai, Batu Caves in KL Malaysia is a well maintained outdoor (with rain shelters) limestone climbing crag. It offers varied and spacious climbing located in a safe neighbourhood, easily accessible with convenient toilet / shower facilities, refreshment stalls, gear rental shop, and even a children’s playground.
The most famous of 8 climbing rock faces is Damai Wall or also known as the Gua Damai Extreme Park. Situated on the Northern side of Batu Caves, Damai Wall has around 35 different routes, many of which are graded between 5C to 6B+ with an exception of a few breaching 7. We typically climb at Batu on the first day of the trip.
Pre-plan what you want to climb at Batu Caves!
As with all outdoor activities, it is highly recommended that participants secure sufficient medical / emergency insurance coverage. If you are currently uninsured for such trips involving high risk activities, do contact Shirley Lee @ 98581908 to get AIA Insurance coverage specifically for rock climbing activities. It’s just $30 for peace of mind, coverage for 3 days 2 nights travel + trip activity protection.
Besides climbing outdoors, this trip will also introduce you to one of the largest climbing gyms in this part of the world ~ Camp 5. We typically visit them on the second day of the trip. As this is indoors, Camp 5 will also serve as our back-up plan for increment weather on Day One.
*Day Two @ Camp 5, 1Utama Mega Shopping Mall*
Camp 5 is Asia’s largest indoor climbing gym perched on the top floors of 1Utama, the largest shopping complex in Malaysia. The gym features state-of-the-art climbing walls encased within a breathtaking 30m glass enclosure. There is a large top rope section for beginners, another with auto belays, a massive 24m lead wall, 2 freestanding boulder blocks and a huge boulder cave with a high ball section that can be topped out onto the second floor. There’s enough routes here to challenge all levels of climbers for perpetuity.
Route List: https://www.theroutelist.com/locations/camp5
Singaporean climbers are “required” to have first hand exposure to Batu Caves and Camp 5 at least once in their climbing careers! Join us for what will be a memorable road trip out of Singapore to explore the variety of climbing options beyond our borders.
Date: 7/10/2022 (1500hr Friday) – 9/10/2022 (2359hr Sunday)
Pick up: Marsiling MRT (Friday) – 3pm
Max group size: 30 pax
Cost : $330 (Twin Share: we will pair you up with someone of the same gender), $340 (Triple Share) , $380 (Single) – 2 nights
Cost : $330 per pax
Rockerfellas DBS Corporate Account : 0179056055
PayNow UEN: 201602890H
Whatapp your payment Details to 96250587
Hotel for 2 nights
Dinner on one night
2 way transports to KL and back
2 way transport – between Batu Caves and Camp 5
Not included -:
: Insurance (Highly Recommended) $30 – approximately
: Helmet , harness, climbing shoes, entrance fees to camp 5
: Personal expenses
: All F & B & expenses not mentioned above
: All Types Alcoholic Drinks
: Entrance fee to Camp 5
1500hrs – Registration at Marsiling MRT
1530hrs – Transport departs. Please be punctual.
At Malaysian customs: all passengers to alight with all personal belongings to clear customs.
Reboard transport, make way to KL.
(1 Stop at Ayer Keroh Jejantas)
before 11pm – Arrive at Hotel 99: http://hotel99.com.my/pudu/
*Day 1* Saturday
8:00am – Breakfast (on your own)
9:00 – 9:15 am – Gather at lobby to check gear, purchase water and snacks from nearby store.
9:30am: Board transport and set off for Batu Caves. Please be punctual.
10:00am – Arrive at Batu Caves. Gear up and climb!
3:00 – 3:30pm – Wrap up climbs
4:00pm – Board transport and head straight to early Group Dinner(included)
6:30pm – Board transport and head back to hotel. Shower, rest up.
8:00pm – Meet at lobby if you wish to explore Jalan Alor and Jalan Bukit Bintang , just 10 minutes walk away from our hotel. Free & Easy: massage, durians, shopping, exploration, K-ok.
10:30 pm – Back to hotel. Sleep early!
*Day 2* Sunday
7:30am – Morning call
8:00 – 8:15am – Meet at lobby for check out procedures
8:30am – Board transport, head to 1 Utama
9:00am – Breakfast at Teh Tarik Place @ 1Utama: Lower Ground Floor, Rainforest
10:00am – Register and climb at Camp 5
3:00 – 3:30pm – Wrap up climbs, shower, freshen up etc
3:45pm – Settle down at Camp 5’s cafeteria
4:00 pm – Early Group Dinner @ Camp 5
5:00 pm – Board transport, and head back to Singapore
One rest stop along the way.
At Malaysian customs: all passengers alight to clear customs with just travel documents. Leave belongings on transport.
Reboard transport, cross causeway to Singapore customs.
At Singapore customs: all passengers to alight with all personal belongings to clear customs.
Reboard transport, make way to nearest MRT Station for drop off.
11:30pm – Arrive at Marsiling MRT Station. Arrival time entirely dependent on traffic conditions and customs. We usually get in around 10pm. 11:30pm assumes the worst of conditions.
*Recommended Packing List*
1. Valid passport (with more than 6 months to expiration) and visa. It is your responsibility to find out if you require a visa for entry into Malaysia
2. $150 – 300 Malaysian Ringgit and $100 Singapore dollars for personal use
3. Mobile phone
4. Pack 2x sets comfortable clothes for the 3 – 5 hours on the bus each way. Pack 2x sets of climbing clothes;
for climbing at Batu + a spare tee after the climb / dinner. For climbing at Camp 5 + fresh clothes after you shower.
5. Toiletries. Hotel has shampoo, shower gel, soap
8. Insect repellent, mozzie patches
9. A container for at least 1.5 litres of drinking water. Do your part for the environment, bring a large personal reusable drinking bottle or a water bag to reduce plastic bottled water purchases. Help reduce disposable plastic waste!
– 2 liters of drinking water per day
– Additional 2 liters for top rope climbers: total 4L
– Additional 2 liters for multi-pitch climbers at Batu Caves: total 6L.
– It is recommended for multi-pitch climbers to carry a hydration system of at least 2L on your climb.
10. Harness, climbing shoes, chalk bag, personal anchoring system, helmet. Finger tape, extra chalk, spare pair of climbing shoes.
11. Rain and Sun protection gear: poncho, foldable umbrella, sunglasses, caps, visors, hats, sunscreen lotion, UV reflecting rash guard etc.
*Registration + Payment Terms and Conditions*
1. Confirmation is based on the First-Pay-First-Confirmed basis.
2. All RSVPs will be placed on the “Waiting” list until Payment has been verified.
3. Payments are non-refundable. Please indicate your name when transferring your payment to the our bank account.
*To organize the trip, we need to pre-plan, pre-book transport, accommodation and meals ahead of time. These are paid in advance to multiple vendors who do not offer refunds due to medical, work or personal reasons.
**If you have paid, and subsequently cannot make the trip, you may arrange to have someone else take your spot. Please notify us when this happens, so that we may update records. Your substitute will have to register their personal information with us.
4. Organizers reserve the right to reject applicants based on their suitability, health and other factors for the event.
*Terms of Participation*
1. Only climbers certified to SNCS Level 1 or equivalent may belay during the trip. Non-climbers may join trip, may partake in some climbing activities , but may not belay others.
2. If the participant is tardy or does not show up at the meeting point specified above, the Organizers cannot be expected to wait. There will be no refund.
3. Participants are to find out and fulfill, in a timely manner, the immigration requirements of the trip with regards to visa / permit documentation. Organizers shall not be liable for consequences due to immigration delays and complications.
4. The itinerary serves only as a guide, flexibility or changes to it may be required while the trip unfolds.
5. Participants who do not cooperate, heed or adhere to instructions set forth by the Organizers shall be removed from the event.
6. Organizers cannot be held responsible for any changes, cancellations or delays caused by accidents, strikes, change in government regulations, weather conditions, natural calamities and Acts of God.
7. All participants are strongly advised to have comprehensive travel insurance against medical exigencies, accidents, mishaps, misadventures, natural calamities, Acts of God etc. with the appropriate coverage for stated activities in specific geographical locations. If you wish to purchase insurance coverage through us, please send request to Derek@96250587 via whatapp.
8. The participant understands that during the course of the trip certain events may occur, including, but not limited to, accidents or illnesses, political instability, forces of nature and Acts of God etc. The participant agrees to assume all risks associated with the trip and indemnifies the Organiser against all claims, disputes arising from his / her participation.
*Liability Releases, Waivers, Disclaimers, Assumption of Risk and Responsibility*
The small print that you really must read, understand and accept.
I acknowledges that this is an outdoor adventure trip with very real inherent risks involved. That by signing up for, registering with and participating in, I am knowingly assuming these risks voluntarily. I enter this agreement entirely of my own volition, with thorough appreciation of what it entails and of its gravity. I have had ample time and opportunity to peruse, comprehend and consent to the following terms and conditions stated herein.
By registering for this overseas climbing trip , I recognise and acknowledge that I am entering into a legally binding agreement. I attest that I am cognisant and wholly accepting of the terms and conditions set forth below.
1. I recognize that the nature of the sport of rock climbing and all accompaniment activities; such as bouldering, top rope / lead / speed, outdoor climbing, all related conditioning and training regimes etc, carry with it significant inherent risks which may result in short / long term illnesses, injuries (e.g. permanent disability, incapacitation), including death, as a result of either known / unknown intentional malicious intent, unintentional mishaps (caused directly or indirectly by RockerFellas hosts and Organizers, other climbers, spectators, participants, chaperons, domestic maids, or passer-bys), or Acts of God occurring at or around Batu Caves, Putrajaya and Camp 5.
2. In full appreciation of the aforementioned, I willingly assume all risks and hereby waive all my rights to pursue legal options seeking compensatory remedies of any kind for physical, mental, material, or personal property damages that happens on this trip from RockerFellas hosts (and her Organizers). On behalf of the minors in my charge, I also agreed to discharge and waive all rights referred to here and in (1).
3. I hereby attest that I and / or the minors in my charge, are legally, mentally and physically capable of engaging the activities described in (1), and that I / we voluntarily assume full responsibility of the risks aforementioned in (2). It is my solemn declaration that all the information I have provided in this application, to be true and accurate.
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar