- This event has passed.
This event is organized by Rockerfellas Adventure Pte Ltd
Registration No. : 201602890H
STB Travel Agents’ License No. 02861
THIS EVENT IS OPENED ONLY TO THOSE WHO HAVE AT LEAST A SPORT CLIMBING LEVEL 1 AND ABOVE [Singapore National Climbing Standards (SNCS Level 1)].
Max group size: 12 pax
Cost: $480 (Twin Share) – 2 nights
Cost: $580 (Single) – 2 nights
Rockerfellas DBS Corporate Account: 0179056055
Whatsapp your payment Details to 96250587
– Hotel for both nights – Zone Hotel
– Breakfast at hotel for both mornings
– Dinner at Ipoh on two nights
– All land transports in Ipoh
Does NOT include:
– Insurance (Highly Recommended) $25-$30
– Breakfast, lunch or supper in Singapore and Ipoh
– Harness, climbing shoes, helmet or belay devices
– Personal expenses
– All F&B expenses not mentioned above
– All types of alcoholic drinks
– Flight Tickets
*Day One to Day Three @ Gunung Lang*
Gunung Lang in Ipoh Malaysia is a well-maintained outdoor limestone climbing crag. It offers varied and spacious climbing located in a safe neighbourhood, easily accessible with some newly bolted routes in Dec 2018.
Gunung Lang has around 15 to 18 sport routes, which are graded between 5C to 7a+. We typically climb on the first day of the trip.
As with all outdoor activities, it is highly recommended that each participant secure sufficient medical / emergency insurance coverage. If you are currently uninsured for such trips involving high risk activities, do contact Shirley Lee@ 98581908 to get AIA Insurance coverage specifically for rock climbing activities. It’s just $30 for a peace of mind. There is coverage for 3 days 2 nights travel & trip activity protection.
1) Time: 1120 to 1230, Travel time: 1 h 10 m
Flight: TR484 , Changi Airport Singapore SIN to Sultan Azlan Shah Airport IPH
2) Time: 16:45 to 17:50, Travel time: 1h 5m
Flight: TR487 , Sultan Azlan Shah Airport IPH to Changi Airport Singapore
*Currently flight at $219.28SGD as of 12 June 2022 without baggage
Suggested Itinerary: 23/9/2022 (0920hrs Friday) – 25/9/2022 (1750hrs Sunday)
0920hrs: Singapore International Airport T1. Please be punctual.
1230hrs: Arrive at Ipoh Airport
1300hrs: Brunch at Ipoh Dai She Geok (on your own)
1345hrs: Purchase water and snacks from nearby store
1400hrs: Board transport and set off for Gunung Lang
1430hrs: Arrive at Gunung Lang. Gear up and climb!
1830hrs: Wrap up climb
1900hrs: Board transport and head straight to Zone Hotel for shower
1930hrs: Dinner at Chinese Restoran (Expenses included)
2030hrs: Free & Easy – massage, eating durian, shopping, exploration, etc
2200hrs: Back to Hotel. Sleep early!
0800hrs: Breakfast at Hotel
0900hrs: Board transport, head to Gunung Lang
0930hrs: More climbing
1700hrs: Wrap up climb. Can shower, freshen up, etc
1830hrs: Dinner at Ipoh Chinese or Indian Restoran (Expense included)
2030hrs: Free & Easy
2230hrs: Back to Hotel
0800hrs: Breakfast at Hotel
0900hrs: Board transport, head to Mat Surat Caves
0930hrs: Caving and Abseiling
1300hrs: Wrap up climb. Board transport
1330hrs: Shower, freshen up at Hotel
1545hrs: Check in at Ipoh Airport
1750hrs: Arrive at Singapore International Airport, T1
*Recommended Packing List*
1. Valid passport (with more than 6 months to expiration) and visa. It is your own responsibility to find out if you require a visa for entry into Malaysia
2. $450 Malaysian Ringgit or $150 Singapore dollars for personal use
3. Mobile phone
4. Pack 3x sets comfortable clothes and 3x sets of climbing clothes
5. Toiletries. The Hotel has shampoo, shower gel, soap, toothbrush & toothpaste
8. Insect repellent e.g. mozzie patches
9. A container for at least 1.5 litres of drinking water. Do your part for the environment, bring a large personal reusable drinking bottle or a water bag to reduce plastic bottled water purchases. Help reduce disposable plastic waste!
10. Harness, climbing shoes, chalk bag, personal anchoring system (PAS), belay devices, helmet, finger tape, extra chalk, etc. If needed, bring spare pair of climbing shoes, rope etc
11. Rain and sun protection gear e.g. poncho, foldable umbrella, sunglasses, caps, visors, sunscreen lotion, UV reflecting rash guard etc
*Registration & Payment, Terms & Conditions*
1. Confirmation is based on the First-Pay-First-Confirmed basis.
2. All RSVPs will be placed on the “Waiting” list until Payment has been verified.
3. Payments are non-refundable. Please indicate your name when transferring your payment to our bank account.
*To organize the trip, we need to pre-plan, pre-book transport, accommodation and meals ahead of time. These are paid in advance to multiple vendors who do not offer refunds due to medical, work or personal reasons.
**If you have paid, and subsequently cannot make it for the trip, you may arrange to have someone else take your spot. Please notify us ASAP when this happens, so that we can update records. Your substitute will have to register their personal information with us.
4. Organizers reserve the right to reject applicants based on their suitability, health and other factors for the event.
*Terms of Participation*
1. Only climbers certified with SNCS Level 1 or equivalent may belay during the trip. Non-climbers may join the trip or partake in some climbing activities, but are not allowed to belay others.
2. If the participant is tardy or does not show up at the meeting point specified above, the Organizers are not expected to wait for the participants. There will also be no refund.
3. Participants are to find out and fulfil, in a timely manner, the immigration requirements of the trip with regards to visa / permit documentation. Organizers shall not be liable for consequences due to immigration delays and complications.
4. The itinerary serves only as a guide. Flexibility or changes to it may be required as the trip progresses.
5. Participants who do not cooperate, heed or adhere to instructions set forth by the Organizers shall be removed from the event.
6. Organizers cannot be held responsible for any changes, cancellations or delays caused by accidents, strikes, change in government regulations, weather conditions, natural calamities and Acts of God.
7. The participant understands that during the course of the trip, certain events may occur, including, but not limited to, accidents or illnesses, political instability, forces of nature and Acts of God etc. The participant agrees to assume all risks associated with the trip and indemnifies the Organiser against all claims, disputes arising from his / her participation.
8. All participants are strongly advised to have comprehensive travel insurance against medical exigencies, accidents, mishaps, misadventures, natural calamities, Acts of God etc. Kindly ensure that you have the appropriate coverage for stated activities in specific geographical locations. If you wish to purchase insurance coverage through us, please send your requests to Derek@96250587 via Whatsapp.
*Liability Releases, Waivers, Disclaimers, Assumption of Risk and Responsibility*
The small print that you really must read, understand and accept.
I acknowledge that this is an outdoor adventure trip with very real inherent risks involved. That by signing up for, registering with and participating in, I am knowingly assuming these risks voluntarily. I enter this agreement entirely of my own volition, with thorough appreciation of what it entails and of its gravity. I have had ample time and opportunity to peruse, comprehend and consent to the following terms and conditions stated herein.
By registering for this overseas climbing trip, I recognise and acknowledge that I am entering into a legally binding agreement. I attest that I am cognisant and wholly accepting of the terms and conditions set forth below.
1. I recognize that the nature of the sport of rock climbing and all accompaniment activities; such as bouldering, top rope / lead / speed, outdoor climbing, all related conditioning and training regimes etc, carry with it significant inherent risks which may result in short / long term illnesses, injuries (e.g. permanent disability, incapacitation), including death, as a result of either known / unknown intentional malicious intent, unintentional mishaps (caused directly or indirectly by RockerFellas hosts and Organizers, other climbers, spectators, participants, chaperons, domestic maids, or passers-by), or Acts of God occurring at or around Ipoh Gunung Lang/Batu Kurau/Batu Caves/Krabi/Yang Shuo, Putrajaya Challenge Park and all Camp 5.
2. In full appreciation of the aforementioned, I willingly assume all risks and hereby waive all my rights to pursue legal options seeking compensatory remedies of any kind for physical, mental, material, or personal property damages that happens on this trip from RockerFellas hosts (and her Organizers). On behalf of the minors in my charge, I also agreed to discharge and waive all rights referred to here and in (1).
3. I hereby attest that I and / or the minors in my charge, are legally, mentally and physically capable of engaging the activities described in (1), and that I / we voluntarily assume full responsibility of the risks aforementioned in (2). It is my solemn declaration that all the information I have provided in this application, to be true and accurate.
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar